I had the great opportunity to ran the Portland MARATHON.This is my second marathon since high school. Sad huh?... I know,but I'm just thankful and so bless that my body is in good condition and that I don't have any health issues to kept me from doing things I love and that I'am one healthy girl and is a blessing. But I've been always a big fan of running.I do run here and there every once in a while,just wish I could run everyday..lol...
I 'am so thankful for power of prayer for having the strength to keep going.I sign up to do 26.3 mile,but I end up doing the half marathon due to getting blisters on both on my heels,and they are huge blisters.I was so much in pain,I couldn't barley run or walk.I had to stop few times to take my shoe and socks off to massage my feet.I was so much in pain that I almost gave up.While running I saw my boys out in the crowd and saw my son cheering for me saying 'you can do it mommy'..Seeing him and saw the excitement on his face really gave me the strength to endure to the end and to finished the race.And that's what I did,I made it ot the finished line and was so excited that I made it and was in tears after getting home and getting into that hot tub.
I end up staying in bed for 3 days.I couldn't barley walk,getting up out of bed to the restroom etc was a pain in the toe. My whole body was in so much pain and had two bruises inside my big toes and they were so sore and had huge blisters on both heels.I was miserable for a week.But thankful I'm doing a lot better.
I also want to thank my wonderful husband for taking care of me. It's not easy coming home from a tough job and still has to get home and cooked dinner,clean house and attend the needs of other family members, especially having a 4 year old whose full of energy and always wanting daddy. Babe,thank you for being an amazing provider and for doing all the cleaning,cooking and all the wonderful things you do our little family. Most of all thank you for being so patience with me.I love you so much:)

1 comment:
2 marathons is still 2 marathons, that's amazing!! Way to finish even in tons of pain. Hopefully you recover soon!
Post a Comment