Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The B.O.M TRANSLATION



So Im guessing I haven't told alot of people that I work for S.L.C,Utah translation Division.I think I just did!Iv'e been working for them since last yr of May 2007.I just recently finished translating the Ensign,New Era,and the Friend Magazine into 2 different languages.Can I just say it is the greatest experience in my life I will always cherish.I'm so honored to be able to be doing one of the greatest and miraculous calling ever.I sometimes ask myself if Im right for this calling,espacailly knowing that I will be translating these words that have been spoken by the most amazing men on earth.And to be able to feel their spirit the way they felt when they were testifying about their Saviour,Jesus Christ.Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with everything that goes around me,that I have to stop and relaized that Im about to do the most amazing work and that I need to have the spirit with me in order to translate.I get so nervous at times wondering if I did the right thing by excepting this amazing calling.Thru praying and fasting I was able to humble myslef and realized that when we are called to do certain things. We must act and obey.Im so thankful for the love my savious has for me.I can't imagine what must it fell when Joseph Smith was transalting the B.o.M. The faith and the love that he felt for our saviour when he was transalting B.O.M.I can't even find the rights words to DESCRIBE how I was feeling when I find out that I will be one of the few people that will be translating the church magazines etc.

Well next week I will be flying to Utah for a seminar for all the translators. This year since we have so many memebers who doesen't speak or read english language very well.We will be translating the B.O.M into 4 different lagnuages and Im one of the people ge tto help out..Yaay! Im so blessed! Seriously how often do you get to do such amazing work like this.I thank my heavenly father for giving me this oppurtunity to do this.Well those of that don't know or wondering how in the heck do I know these languages.Well back home where Im from there are 150 languages and everybody speaks at least 4 or more languages.I m honored and blessed to say I speak at least 16 languages.Most of all Im just so grateful for the knowledge that I have been given to help people like myslef understnad and read the Book of Mormon and feel the spirit and my saviour's love for me.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok, so after Sunday it's clearly obvious that I get very emotional when I talk when I'm feeling the spirit ( I hope Steven and others weren't totally bored when we spoke b/c we, "I" spoke so long).
Just reading this I can feel the spirit and I also know that you are right for this calling. What an amazing priveledge and the opportunity of a life time. Have a good time in Utah. Will Cabe be able to be with you at all times?

Rachel said...

When I added you to my bloglist it has a content warning instead of your name and it warns people who enter your site... Did you set that control or did you know that? I would hardly call you blog "PG-13".

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

That is AMAZING that you are able to translate- what a beautiful gift!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...