Wednesday, May 27, 2009

PRAYER!

So I just wanted to pose this adorable picture of him.Nothing to do with what I'm going to write.I just love this picture of him thats all.He look so adorable with his lip all red and his shirt even said KISS ME!..LOL..so CUTE!

So Steven and I have been trying to teach Cabriel to be reverent during prayer time.I'm sure you all know how that feels when trying to teach a youngen to be reverent.Well it's not always easy to get a 15 month old baby to sit down and fold their arms and close their eyes right? RIGHT!Totally right.Steven and I have been pretty good with our family prayers and family Scriptures study since we got marry.Since we had Cabriel it's been a little difficult to do those things.It's been always a hassle to get Cabriel to calm down,especially when it comes to prayer time.Well it's hard for nay kid.Well when we pray we ask Cabriel to fol his arms and we ask him to close eyes and be reverent.Sometimes it doesn't work-He just gets up and runs around the house while Steven and I kneel on our knees and keep praying.And at times its so funny to watchhim b/c He''ll notice that nobody was running around with him,so He'll stop and comes and joins us-but he will still keep making noises.I'm a firm believer on starting your kid at a young age b/c that's when they learned the fastest.I've notice every prayer time Cabriel will fold his arms,but He will still make noises and what not during every prayer,but I 'am so happy to see that his doing what Mommy and Daddy are doing.

Just like today when we were getting ready for bed. We walked Cabriel to his room and kneel next to his bed with him.(We do this everyday before he goes to bed) and kneel for family prayer.Well before we were heading to the bedroom.He was fussing and winning.He was very tired today.We had a long day.Anyways we kneeled down and Cabriel just fell to the floor and started crying.I picked him up and told him that it's family prayer time.Well he actually sat down next to his Dad with his hands folded and his eyes close for the first time ever.I was schocked! I couldn't believe my eyes. It's a miracle! I can't believe it! what an amazing thing! Yes! I'm very proud!Anyways Steven said our family prayer and after prayer we all hugged each other and gave each other kisses.My eyes swelled up with tears about how EXCITED I was to see our 15 month old baby was so reverent during family prayer.It's one of those memories I will never forget.I was so excited. I jumped up and took Cabriel by the hand and started dancing with him.Man! How do I get to be so LUCKY to have an adorable son.I AM BLESS INDEED!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is such a cute story! Maisey was the same age when one day she just folded her arms. I was going to blog about the same thing b/c about a week ago Ryley started closing his eyes during prayer- it's more like a long, long blink , but nevertheless he is trying to reverent! They are so smart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...