
Strawberry Freezer Jam
Wash and cute the stems off 1quart or what ever you feel you need.I used 1quart of strawberries.

Mashed with potato masher or food proccesor iuntil they are mashed.I like mine a little chunkier,so I just left some chukns in there.You don't want it too completly smooth.
Place mashed berries in alarge bowl with 4 cups of sugar. I like to use the pectin..Where you use lots of sugar and yes,don't cut down on the sugar or else it won't taste right.Anyways stir in the sugar into the strawberries and allowed to stand for 10 min. While the strawberries are standing.WHISK together the paket of pectin and 3/4 c of water.It might be alittle lumpy,stirring constanlty heat to boiling and stir for 1 minute.Remove from heat and stir into strawberry mixture for 3 min or the sugar is dissolved( few granules may remain.
Ladle into prepared freezer-safe containers.Place the lids on the containers and allowed then to stand at a room temperture for 24 hrs.Place it in in the freezer or fridge for.The jam will be good in fridge for 3 weeks or freezer for 1 year.

So I don't have small containers,so I used a 7 oz container,which was less containers to use..lol.. Anyways you can use whatever container you please.So I wrappeded one up to take to our next door neighbor.
Wash and cute the stems off 1quart or what ever you feel you need.I used 1quart of strawberries.
Mashed with potato masher or food proccesor iuntil they are mashed.I like mine a little chunkier,so I just left some chukns in there.You don't want it too completly smooth.
Place mashed berries in alarge bowl with 4 cups of sugar. I like to use the pectin..Where you use lots of sugar and yes,don't cut down on the sugar or else it won't taste right.Anyways stir in the sugar into the strawberries and allowed to stand for 10 min. While the strawberries are standing.WHISK together the paket of pectin and 3/4 c of water.It might be alittle lumpy,stirring constanlty heat to boiling and stir for 1 minute.Remove from heat and stir into strawberry mixture for 3 min or the sugar is dissolved( few granules may remain.
Ladle into prepared freezer-safe containers.Place the lids on the containers and allowed then to stand at a room temperture for 24 hrs.Place it in in the freezer or fridge for.The jam will be good in fridge for 3 weeks or freezer for 1 year.
So I don't have small containers,so I used a 7 oz container,which was less containers to use..lol.. Anyways you can use whatever container you please.So I wrappeded one up to take to our next door neighbor.
Strawberry Freezer Jam
1 qt strawberry
4 cup sugar
1 package fruit pectin
3/4 cup water
7 oz safe containers.
1 comment:
Those are beautiful Niohleen! Good for you. We need to chat...
Post a Comment