Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas stockings and ornaments

This is so easy to make!...My 3 yr old can make this!
So Cabriel had so much fun making the Chirstmas ornaments....
We used plastic cups and cotton ballls and the little people,snowman and houses,we bought it from Dollar store...Very simple fun crafts to make with your kids..My son had so much fun.



So I saw this on some site and thought what a cute idea,so I thought I should make one for my son ,since I haven't found any cute stocking anywhere that I like for the family.As you can see in the pictures below.Mine and my husband's stockings are just plain and it's okay.Plain is good but not for christmas stockings...lol..Anyways I thought of making one and I did and Im glad I did b/c it turned out nice.My son was very excited about his stocking and how pretty it looks.I was impress with the colors he picked out b/c they are awesome colors.He did a great job picking materail too.Great job Cabriel!...So I think Im making mine and my husband's stocking later,Just haven't decide what color I like for Christmas colors...Hmmmm,decisions,decisons,lol..

And there you go you made yourself a homemade Christams stocking...lol...
To make the strip fold your strip into a
loop and place the raw ends of the loop inside your gap, and pin right into the
corner of the stocking. Press the edges down to form a crisp edge and close up
your opening by sewing 1/4 inch all long the top.
After sewing everything together and place inside stocking through the top than line up all your seams as best you can ,then sew alogn the top leaving inches open at the back corner.
So I decided to mix and match and used my scraps so I cute the heel and top and sew together.
I always save my scraps for later use...You never know,you might needed for something like a Christams stocking..lol..

So First step you need to creat a Pattern.Than I trace an old stocking onto a piece of batting ( which is easier for me amd much sturdy to work with.
I took the batting aand trace it on the material

This is my firs time making Christams stocking and surprise turned out.

1 comment:

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Niohleen I love all the Christmas stuff you guys made:) Soo fun!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...